COVID-19 Update concerning the Open Cups (Girls : April 4-5 : Boys April 18-19)
We have been in communication with the City of Decatur, which are following State and Federal guidelines and policies. Health and Safety are the primary concerns. We are canceling both tournaments for safety reasons and look forward to hosting teams again at the AL Labor Day Cup and the AL Jr Cup later in 2020 as well as the 2021 Open Cup.
No insurance policy covers this type of cancellation. Our normal refund policy is that we do not give a refund, but this is an extraordinary situation and we want to work with the teams the best we can. Upon evaluating all existing expenses, we have worked to create a new refund strategy for teams.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES FOR SOCCER COMPLEXES - SEE OUR NEW BEST PRACTICES
- Great Diversity of Competition
- PERFECT FIELDS!!!!!
- We've had teams from 16 different states and from Brazil, Nigeria, Trinidad & Tobago, Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, and Panama in past OPEN CUPS!!!!!
- No Friday night matches
- 75 minute timeslots for U9-12 – allows for 15 minutes of warm-up time
- U9-10 = 7v7
- U11-12= 9v9 U13-19 11v11
- Awards ceremonies on Stage with announcer and DJ
- GAMES at the Jack Allen Soccer Complex in Decatur AL: Parking by Decatur Parks and Rec is $10
Important Dates and Registration Information:
NEW Registration Deadline : April 30
NOTE: While there are no guarantees, the sooner a team registers the likelier opportunity to be accepted and confirmed into the tournament-